Here are a bunch of websites that John either likes or are about things that John likes.
Here are some websites related to John’s work as a Lutheran minister:
- The Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod: This is the denomination of which John is a member.
- The Missouri District: This is the regional district in which John serves
- Timothy Lutheran Church of Blue Springs, Missouri: This is John’s current parish
These are the websites of the schools that John has attended.
- Concordia University in St. Paul, Minnesota: The LCMS has ten universities and/or colleges with this name, but this one is the best!
- Concordia Seminary in St. Louis, Missouri: This is where John received his M.Div.
These websites are related to John’s work as a writer.
- American Christian Fiction Writers: John wouldn’t be a published author today if it wasn’t for ACFW. He’s learned a lot from them over the years and is proud of his membership.
- Enclave Publishing: This is the company that originally published John’s book.
- Minnesota NICE: John belonged to this chapter of ACFW when he began his journey to publication. He misses them a lot.
- Realm Makers: A collective of speculative fiction writers and fans. John is not nearly as active as he should be on this one.
- One Year Adventure Novel: A high school homeschool writing curriculum. John has taught at their summer workshop for a number of years and looks forward to it every time.
John has an eclectic taste in music. Here are some of the bands that he likes.
- Tangled Blue: A folk rock Christian duo, Joel and Aimee Pakan are simply awesome. If you want to get a sample of their music, you can get a free song by subscribing to John’s e-mail newsletter.
- Lost and Found: Their music defies classification (they call it “Speedwood”). John has been a fan of theirs for over twenty years now. Great music, but it’s an acquired taste.
- Da Mac: A Christian rapper that John learned about through a mutual friend. He’s got some great albums!
- Flame: Another Christian rapper. John learned about him because Flame recently graduated from his alma mater and released some albums about his journey to Lutheranism.
Just Plain Fun
Here’s a random listing of links that John likes:
- The Fascinating Podcast: Hosted by Kathy Khang, Clay Morgan, JR Foresteros, and Matt Mikalatos. They conduct interviews with all sorts of people (including John). Their discussions cover a wide range of topics and they are always entertaining.
- Dungeon Drunks: A liveplay Dungeons & Dragons podcast. Always fun!
- Board games. The geekier, the better. John’s all-time favorites include Suburbia, Betrayal at House on the Hill, and other complex strategy games.