As you may or may not know, my latest novel, The Hive, is coming out in just about five weeks and…
Sorry, just had a miniature panic attack there. Anyway. It’s coming out in about five weeks, and I thought I’d try something a little different this time around, something that I’ve never done before.
I want to start a launch team.
What’s that, you say? Well, a launch team is a group of people who are excited for a book’s release. They want to see as many people read it as possible, so they agree to help the author build some buzz for the book by posting early reviews, getting the word out about the book, that sort of thing. I’ve had four books published so far. I’ve put together book trailers for two of them, done a few giveaways on Goodreads (and here). But I’ve never really recruited a team.
So let’s see what happens, shall we? I’ll warn you, I’m kind of new at this launch team business myself. The way I see it, I’m looking for a group of people who will commit to do the following three things:
- Read an advance digital copy of The Hive in the next few weeks.
- Post an honest review on Amazon, Goodreads, and/or their personal blogs or websites after reading it (and I want to emphasize the honest part again).
- Help spread the word when the book drops on October
- Interact with other launch team members in a private Facebook group that I’ll put together.
- If the team member has a blog, consider doing an interview with me or a guest post from me or something creative to get the excitement going about the book.
“So,” I hear you asking, “What’s in this for me?”
Glad you asked. If you agree to participate, you will receive the following:
- An electronic copy of The Hive in the form of a PDF file. This will be sent to you upon being accepted into the group.
- My undying and eternal gratitude. This will take the form of a special thank you on this blog with links to your website or Facebook page.
- The chance to hang out with what I suspect will be an awesome and cool group of individuals.
- The entire team will be put into a drawing for a $20 Amazon gift card.
- An autographed paperback copy of The Hive after it’s released.
So at this point, I know you’re all champing at the bit to sign up. Well, I’m limiting the spots in this to 20 people. So if you want in on this (and why wouldn’t you?), then fill out the following form:
Submit your application by midnight on Tuesday, September 15. I’ll be sending out e-mails and invites to the private Facebook group on the following Wednesday.Author @JohnWOtte is looking for some folks to help him launch The Hive. #booklaunch Click To Tweet
So do you have any questions for me? Ask them below.