I know that last week, I didn’t exactly post a Wordcount Wednesday. Instead, I invited you all to join me in the Great Failstate Hunt of 2015. Part of the reason why I didn’t do a traditional Wordcount Wednesday is because I wanted to focus on Failstate appearing in the wild. And part of it was because, as much as I tried, I couldn’t get much writing done in the previous week. Part of that was because of the busy-ness of life in general. Another part was due to the first batch of edits on The Hive.
But the week off is over, and so it’s time to get back to it. As of right now, the first book of the Iron Staff trilogy is at 20,197 words. That means that, in the past two weeks (but mostly just this past week), I added 3,861 words. That’s not spectacular. I’m actually a little upset at how low the count is. But I’m thinking until I get to the other side of Easter, I may have to settle for small weekly progress. Because it’s still Lent, I’m still a pastor, and I still have more edits to do on The Hive.
In the meantime, though, check out the photos that I’ve received from the Great Failstate Hunt so far. And be sure to send me more!